Comment on page
4 - Policy on Policy
- 1.The Policy Manual is a supporting document to the EUS Constitution. No part of this Policy Manual may be interpreted in a sense contrary to the EUS Constitution.
- 2.Policy amendments require a two-thirds (2/3) in-favour vote by the Board of Governors for adoption.
- 3.No provisions of Policy may be suspended except by two-thirds (2/3) Resolution of Council. When Council suspends a provision or provisions of the policy, such suspension shall only be in effect for the duration of the meeting at which it is made unless Council, by two-thirds (2/3) Resolution, sets some other fixed period of time for the suspension.
- 4.Changes to the Policy Manual’s structure, numbering, and format are not considered policy amendments and require a simple majority vote by the Board of Governors for adoption.
- 1.Proposed additions or changes to policy must be provided to the VP Administration before the circulation of the Council Agenda.
- 2.The proposed policy changes, including a brief preamble, outlining the purpose of the addition or change, will be distributed to Council with the following Council agenda for the First Reading.
- 3.Council will conduct a First Reading discussion of the additions or changes at the following Council Meeting
- 4.The next Council Meeting, the updated policy changes will be circulated with the Council agenda and Council will conduct a Second Reading discussion of the additions or changes.
- 5.After the Second Reading has occurred, the Council may vote on the changes at that meeting.
- 6.Amendments to the proposed changes can be made at any time during the discussion.
- 7.The Policy Manual will be considered amended as of the date of the most recent addition or change to its contents. It will be dated accordingly.
- 8.The mover of the motion shall be recorded as the name for the change.